Vestibular Vertigo Treatment in the Dickinson, TX, Area
Vestibular vertigo is a medical condition that causes sensations of spinning or dizziness. It is caused by dysfunction in the vestibular system, a complex network of structures in the inner ear. Individuals experiencing vestibular vertigo may exhibit various symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, involuntary eye movements, motion sickness, unsteadiness, and other forms of vertigo. If you or a family member is experiencing any of these symptoms, you can trust the professionals at Autumn Oak Speech, Voice & Hearing in the Dickinson, Texas, area to help.
Treatment for Vestibular Vertigo
Once you visit our office, we will discuss your symptoms and perform vestibular function tests to accurately diagnose your condition. After we have a proper diagnosis, we can discuss your treatment options. Some of the most common forms of vestibular vertigo treatment include:
- Vestibular rehabilitation: A structured exercise program supervised by a physical therapist to improve balance and reduce dizziness.
- Medications: Medications such as antiemetics and vestibular suppressants may help alleviate symptoms.
- Canalith repositioning procedures: These maneuvers, such as the Epley maneuver, are used to treat BPPV by repositioning the displaced calcium particles within the inner ear.
- Diet and lifestyle modifications: For conditions like Meniere’s disease, dietary changes (reduced salt intake) and lifestyle adjustments (stress management) may be recommended.
- Surgical interventions: In some cases, surgical procedures may be necessary to alleviate symptoms or correct structural issues within the inner ear.
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you know in the Dickinson, TX, community experiences persistent vertigo or dizziness, seeking medical evaluation and guidance is crucial. Contact Autumn Oak Speech, Voice & hearing today to schedule an appointment.