Exceptional Speech and Hearing Center Serving Patients in the Friendswood, TX, Area
Communication is one of the primary ways that people connect with one another. If your hearing or speech problem is inhibiting your ability to communicate with those around you, you may be missing out on conversations, exciting memories, and other key moments in your life. At Autumn Oak Speech, Voice, and Hearing, we can help you regain your independence, confidence, and happiness with our professional speech and hearing services. Autumn Oak Speech, Voice, and Hearing is a speech and hearing center serving patients of all ages throughout Friendswood, Texas, and surrounding areas.
Audiology Testing & Treatment
Beyond communication, listening to music, and other sound-related activities, your hearing can be crucial to your safety. For example, you may need to hear your smoke detector going off or a car driving beside you to avoid being harmed. If you are having problems with your hearing, our credentialed audiologists may perform:
- Auditory function assessments
- Central auditory processing evaluations
- Hearing tests
- Vestibular testing
Once we evaluate your hearing abilities, we will create a custom treatment plan which may include the use of over-the-counter hearing aids, cochlear implants, bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHA), or digital hearing aids.
Speech can also be a troubling form of communication for some individuals. You may be experiencing a stutter, difficulty with certain syllables, or other issues while communicating. Our speech pathologists diagnose and treat speech problems such as:
- Cognitive communication issues, such as problems with memory and thought organization due to a stroke, brain injury, or dementia
- Language issues including the inability to express your thoughts and feelings and difficulties with your accent
- Social communication issues, such as an injury, adult speech impediment, or childhood developmental disorder that inhibits your self-expression in social settings
After we diagnose your speech problem, we will develop a treatment plan that may include a variety of speech therapy techniques.
To schedule an appointment at our speech and hearing center near Friendswood, TX, contact Autumn Oak Speech, Voice, and Hearing today. We accept all major health insurance plans for hearing and speech care, including hearing aids.